Dominican drug lord shot dead David Ortiz, private investigation reveals

0

Retired Boston Red Sox slugger David Ortiz, who was shot in June 2019, was allegedly ordered by a notorious drug kingpin. Newly revealed information from a private investigation led by Boston Police Commissioner Ed Davis revealed that the shooting order came from Caesar “The Abuser” Peralta, resulting in a 50-day hospitalization for the Baseball Hall of Fame.

On Saturday, some of Davis’ findings from his six-month investigation turned out to be positive ties to Peralta, who is currently in custody for drug trafficking.

According to CBS Sports, Davis said Peralta ordered the hit on Ortiz citing information gathered by US law enforcement officials. However, Dominican Republic officials have previously claimed the incident was a case of mistaken identity. The intended target was supposedly one of Ortiz’s friends who was believed to be an informant. The World Series champion was shot at point-blank range in the back while in a bar in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, drinking with a friend.

Having denied a close relationship with Peralta, Ortiz hired Davis’ security company to help with the investigation. Ortiz communications adviser Joe Baerlein of Baerlein and Partners said, “Following a six to seven month investigation by Ed Davis with the assistance of Ric Prado, they have determined that Caesar Emilio Peralta had ordered the murder of David Ortiz.”

On the other hand, Peralta’s attorney, Joaquin Perez, told the Boston Globe that his client and Ortiz were close friends and that the baseball player disrespected the narco honcho and wanted Ortiz dead. However, the true motive for the shooting still remains unclear.

Peralta was extradited from Colombia to the United States in December to face drug trafficking charges filed in Puerto Rico. Official reports indicate that Ortiz’s criminal organization had received a shipment of several tons of cocaine from Colombia and Venezuela and was bound for Puerto Rico and the United States.

Recovering from the shootout, Ortiz made his first public appearance at Fenway Park throwing out the first pitch before the game between the Red Sox and New York Yankees in September 2019.

Dominican baseball player David Ortiz admits he ‘still doesn’t believe’ he belongs in the place reserved for baseball immortals, during a press conference following his election to the Cooperstown Hall of Fame in Santo Domingo on 25th Jan, 2022. – Former Boston Red Sox slugger David Ortiz was voted into the Baseball Hall of Fame on Tuesday as tarnished greats Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens missed their last chance to enter the sports hall of fame . Red Sox star Ortiz was the only player elected in the room following a vote by members of the Baseball Writers’ Association of America. Photo by Erika Santelices/AFP via Getty Images

Share.

Comments are closed.